ARKOMA BASIN OILFIELD FISHING TOURNAMENT RULES!
1. SPORTSMANSHIP: Any contestant who displays poor sportsmanship violates, these rules, or violates any local, state or federal law is subject to disqualification. Arkansas Game & Fish Commission rules must be observed at all times. Complaints or protests must be submitted to the Weight Master at the weigh-in site. All decisions rendered by the Weigh Master are final.
2. ELIGIBILITY: Fishermen must be employed directly by (or retired from) a company whose primary revenue comes from the oilfield or be a member of the Oilfield Bass Club to participate. Spouses and dependent children may fish only with that participant. A dependent child is defined as a child who is living at home, is 18 years of age or less and does not carry a full time job. All entries will be screened. The Committee reserves the right to refuse any entry application; the decision of the Committee is final. Applicants may be required to furnish the Committee with proof of eligibility. Oilfield personnel who register a non-eligible person as a partner will also be disqualified.
3. ENTRY FEES/REGISTRATION: Entry fees are $50.00 per person. Deadline is March 15, 2010. Entries received after the deadline will be charged an additional $50.00 per person. Changes in fishing categories will not be allowed. Only one category per team. New entries at the tournament site will be required to show proof of oilfield employment.
4. TACKLE: No nets will be allowed. Commercial fishermen are not eligible to fish. Fish must be caught on a baited hook or artificial lure. Fish must be edible upon weigh-in. All fish must be weighed in the day they are caught—at the official weigh-in time (NO exceptions). i>AAll catfish and crappie will be cleaned for Saturday’s fish fry.
5. FISH & SCORING: Largemouth, spotted and smallmouth bass only. No stripers. Largemouth, smallmouth and spotted bass must be 15” in length. Limit 5 bass per boat. Crappie must measure 10”; 20 crappie per person allowed. Catfish must measure 12”; 10 catfish per person allowed. All fish measured by the Golden Rule Board.
6. FISHING HOURS: Fishing hours will begin at 6 am. Teams must be in the weigh-in line by 2 pm on Thursday & Friday. Saturday weigh-in time is noon.